- Health and Fitness Apps
- Travel app downloads
- Grocery delivery apps
- Music app downloads
- Health and Fitness Apps: Positive
- Travel app downloads: Negative
- Grocery delivery apps: Positive
- Music app downloads: Slightly negative
- What apps have you recently downloaded while you and your family have been “sheltering in place?”
- What apps are you using more frequently?
- Do you think the increased popularity of these apps will continue after the coronavirus has passed?
- What other apps do you think have done well in the past few weeks?
Behind the numbers (Morning Brew; love their daily newsletter which you can sign up for here)
- Some grocery delivery apps, including Instacart, Walmart Grocery, and Shipt, hit record downloads in mid-March, per Apptopia.
- Business conference apps had their biggest download week ever March 14–21.
- Health and fitness apps saw a surge in downloads.
- Travel app downloads dipped 31% in March.
- Music app downloads were also slightly down. Same with podcasts.
- Ride-sharing app downloads have collapsed.
Looking for more current events, be sure to check out these short 2 minute EdPuzzle videos on the impact of coronavirus on employment, the stock market and the generosity that many are demonstrating during this challenging time.