Have you lost your Aadhaar card? Do you want to get a reprint of your Aadhaar again? If your answer to these questions is in affirmative, there is good news for you. You can now get the Aadhaar card reprinted again. Earlier, if one lost his Aadhaar card hard copy, he had to download e-Aadhaar and get it printed to avail services using Aadhaar. However, you can now order for a duplicate Aadhaar card online through the UIDAI’s portal using the Aadhar card reprint service. The printed Aadhaar card will be sent to the residential address of the holder through speed post. A nominal fee is charged for providing this service.
How to Order for Aadhar Card Reprint Online
UIDAI has started the service to print Aadhaar card on request. Here’s a step by step guide on how to get your Aadhaar card reprinted.
Step 1. Visit UIDAI’s Portal and click on “Order Aadhaar Reprint (Pilot Basis)”
Step 2. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or 16-digit Virtual ID (VID) and the security code. Click on “Send OTP” to send the OTP to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar
Step 3. Enter the OTP received on your mobile number or TOTP from the mAadhaar app and click on the “Submit” button
Step 4. In the “Aadhaar Preview” section, check whether your details match with your Aadhaar card and click on the “Make Payment” button to proceed
Step 5. Make the payment online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI
Step 6. Your request will be processed successfully and an SRN will be generated which can be used to track the status of the Aadhaar reprint request
You can download the Acknowledgement Slip for your reference as well. It contains the transaction details such as payment date and time, SRN, receipt number, transaction ID, payment amount, partially hidden Aadhaar number, and transaction status.
In case of non-delivery of the Aadhaar card or no status of your request, you can send a mail to email@example.com.
How to Check Aadhar Card Reprint Request Status Online
UIDAI has provided the facility to check the status of your Aadhaar reprint request as well. Follow these simple steps to check the status online in 3 simple steps:
- Visit the “Order Aadhaar Reprint” section on the UIDAI portal and click on “Check Aadhaar Reprint Request Status”
- Enter the 28-digit SRN (Service Request number), UID and click on the “Submit” button
- Your request status will be displayed on the screen.
SRN or Service Request Number is an automatically generated 28-digit unique number which can be used to check the status of your Aadhaar card reprint request. The number is provided to the applicant at the time of making the transaction. It is also mentioned in the Acknowledgement Slip.
OTP Authentication Options for Aadhaar Card Reprint Request
While placing the request, one has to authenticate the reprint request. It can be done through three methods:
- OTP verification through the registered mobile number – An OTP is sent to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar. You have to enter this OTP in the space provided to authenticate the request.
- OTP verification using the non-registered mobile number – In case your mobile number is not registered in UIDAI’s database, you can authenticate your request using through a non-registered mobile number. However, this facility is available to only those users who have not registered their mobile number against their Aadhaar number.
- TOTP Verification – The simplest method to authenticate the Aadhaar reprint request online is through TOTP. Time-based One Time Password (TOTP) is a dynamic number which changes every 30 seconds for every individual user. This facility can be availed by the users of mAadhaar app. You have to enter the TOTP before it expires otherwise the request would not be validated.
Points to Consider while Ordering for Aadhaar Reprint Online
You have to consider the following important points while placing the request for Aadhaar reprint online:
- The Aadhaar reprint service is a paid service where you have to pay a nominal fee of ₹ 50.
- The fee is inclusive of GST and speed post charges.
- Either of the Aadhaar number or Virtual ID can be used to place the online Aadhaar reprint request
- It may take up to 5 working days to forward the reprinted Aadhaar letter to India Post
- The reprinted Aadhaar card is sent to the registered address through speed post
- The speed post consignment/AWB Number is sent to the mobile number mentioned at the time of placing the request
- In case your mobile number is not registered in UIDAI’s database, you can place the order using the non-registered mobile number
Aadhar Card Reprint FAQs
Q. What is the fee for Aadhar card reprint request?
Ans. You have to pay a fee of ₹ 50 for placing the request for Aadhaar reprint. The fee is inclusive of GST and speed post delivery charges.
Q. How can I pay the fee for Aadhaar reprint?
Q. In how many days will I get the Aadhaar card delivered?
Ans. Your Aadhaar card gets printed within 5 working days of placing the request. It is then forwarded to India Post for delivery by speed post. It may take another 3 to 5 days for getting the card delivered.
Q. Can I order for the delivery of Aadhaar card to another address?
Ans. The Aadhaar card will be delivered to the address mentioned on the card. There is no provision to get the card delivered to any address other than that mentioned in the Aadhaar card.
Q. I do not have mAadhaar app. Can I get TOTP from anywhere else?
Ans. TOTP facility is available only in the mAadhaar app. If you want to access this facility, you will have to install the mAadhaar app in your smartphone and download your profile.
Q. Where can I find the SRN number to check the Aadhaar reprint status?
Ans. The SRN number generated at the time of placing the Aadhaar reprint request can be accessed from the Acknowledgement slip. It is of 28 digits and is mandatory for checking the Aadhar card reprint status.